Millions of people each year are injured in accidents caused by someone else’s negligence. These preventable accidents can take many forms, and may include motor vehicle accidents, premises liability incidents, medical malpractice, or failure to properly design or manufacture a consumer product. Personal injury law exists in order to compensate people who are injured in these and other accidents that are caused by negligence for their losses. While no amount of money can change the fact that an accident occurred, it can certainly help bring victims peace of mind and the sense that the person that caused their accident has been punished in some way. The links contained on this page are intended to help people who do not have any legal training understand the basic concepts that underlie personal injury law. They should not be used instead of consulting with an experienced personal injury lawyer. To schedule a free consultation, call our office today at (337) 214-8479.
GENERAL LEGAL RESOURCES
- The State Bar of Texas – The organization responsible for the regulation of attorneys and the legal profession in the state of Texas. Contains information about law, lawyers, and helpful tool allowing consumers to check whether a particular attorney is in good standing with the bar.
- The Louisiana State Bar Association – The organization that regulates the legal profession in the state of Louisiana. Has helpful links for legal consumers, including a lawyer search tool and a lawyer referral service.
- The Texas Office of Court Administration – The Texas Judicial Branch website, providing general information about courts and judges to the public.
- The Judicial Branch of Louisiana – The official website of the courts of Louisiana. Provides information about specific courts and judges within the state.
INFORMATIONAL LINKS ON PERSONAL INJURY TOPICS
- FindLaw – FindLaw is a website maintained by legal publisher Thompson Reuters that provides general legal information to the public.
- Wikipedia Personal Injury Article – Good introduction for non-lawyers on basic personal injury topics.
- Louisiana Laws – A link to the state code of Louisiana provided by the Louisiana state legislature.
- Texas Constitution and Statutes – A link to a searchable online version of the Texas Code and the Texas Constitution.
- Clayton Burgess, A Professional Law Corporation, Lafayette, LA – Our Lafayette, Louisiana website.
- Clayton Burgess, A Professional Law Corporation, Lake Charles, LA Our website associated with our office in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
- Clayton Burgess, A Professional Law Corporation, Alexandria, LA – Our Alexandria, Louisiana website.
- Clayton Burgess, A Professional Law Corporation, Baton Rouge, LA Our Baton Rouge, Louisiana website.